Park Rx Utah is a convenient and free program that prescribes nature as medicine for individuals to manage their health conditions.
Park Rx Utah is a multi-sector initiative whose mission is to prescribe parks and other recreational settings to prevent chronic conditions, improve physical, social and mental health, and promote wellness by collaborating with partners and connecting all Utahns to parks and other recreational sites.
- Increase the percentage of Utahns engaging in regular physical activity.
- Decrease the percentage of Utahns with poorly managed mental health.
- Build and expand opportunities for individuals in every zip code.
- Increase the number of Park Prescribers in Utah.
- Increase knowledge of the ParkRx Utah program amongst those who could benefit from the program and those who could prescribe the program.
- Carbaugh Associates
- Get Healthy Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare
- Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center
- Move Utah
- National Parks Services
- Office of Outdoor Recreation
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake County Health Department
- Select Health
- Southern Utah University
- University of Utah
- University of Utah College of Health
- Utah Department of Health
- Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation
- Utah Recreation & Parks Association
- Utah Society of Environmental Education
- Utah State University Extension
- VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
- Wasatch Mountain Institute
- West Valley City Parks and Recreation